Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Why the Blog?

So, you may be wondering why there is a blog titled Michaela Joelle. Hmm, why is there a blog titled Michaela Joelle?

Easy.

I had been racking my brain trying to figure out what I wanted to give you as your first birthday present. Not on your first birthday, but an on going present that I thought could be given to you symbolically on your birthday (the actual day you were born). For your brother, I wrote in a journal every three or four days from the moment we knew to expect him up until he was born. I thought I should do something different for you because, after all,  you are a different child.

So why do the same thing for the two of you, right?

Anyways, I was struggling to come up with a creative idea of what I should do for your present. After talking with a couple of different people at work one of them gave me a great suggestion. My colleague listened to what I did for Jackie and then suggested that I write a new journal but from a different angle. Instead of writing about different events happening while you were in the womb, I should write down experinces from your life from the moment you are born: milestones, interesting things you do, and other events that happen within the family.

I thought for you I could write something that would be easy for you to navigate (a blog). I don't imagine you'll enjoy every written piece. You may have your favorite entry, so I'd want you to be able to find it efficiently. Also, I thought I should write a blog that is inspired by you. For example, writing about your milestones, writing stories that have been inspired by things you're doing, and writing about events that I am looking forward to. Does that sound exactly like what my colleague said? Well, it was similar but different.

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read it! :) Michaela is one lucky lady

    ReplyDelete